MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-03-13 17:57:11

ugc

Scan Directory gives me the Same 21 songs on every scan

I can't figure this one out. I am NOT adding new songs to the directory, but when I scan for new songs, I keep getting the "found 21 songs" to add as new. I have closed out of MP3boss and re-opened it, and scanned my directory again (no new songs added), and the same 21 songs pop up as needed to be added again.

I have about 8,000 songs total in 5 different directories. I have looked at the "Date Modified" using windows explorer, and it has not changed. So what is triggering MP3boss to add the same files it just scanned again?

***EDIT***

I posted another problem here also, and in dealing with that issue, I believe I may have a problem with my computer that is the cause of this. I will keep you posted as I figure it out. Thanks.

Last edited by ugc (2006-03-13 19:44:26)

#2 2006-03-13 20:59:21

ugc

Re: Scan Directory gives me the Same 21 songs on every scan

UPDATE:

Thank God for Acronis True Image. ..I restored my system with an image from about 2 months ago, and the problem is gone. I must have caught a virus or something.

MP3boss works like a champ.

#3 2006-03-14 02:01:08

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

My guess is that the 21 songs were corrupted -- probably just the filename existed (or a short corrupt stub).

MP3-Boss will tell you that it finds songs...and then skip them during scan when it scans them and finds out that they aren't valid mp3 files.  When that happens, it is possible that you'll get a list of 'apparent' mp3 files every time you scan. 

With the new version of mp3-boss, you could ignore that directory (if they really should be ignored).

#4 2014-01-24 12:10:53

kaplan
Website

I mean a shortcut in the action toolbar. Would that also be possible?

Ищеш реальный зарабатак? Не ищи больше!!! Заходи и зарабатывай столько, сколько душе пожелается.   ЖМИ НА [img]http://christmastree.wf/ximages/test-drive-button.png[/img]

Board footer