MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-06-08 05:30:20

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

List View sizing when not maximized

ralph wrote:

Well now that I know how it behaves I will be a little more careful in closing List View.

Actually, the reason I close it leads to another bug report.  It goes as follows:

When I open MP3B after a previous session where the screen was NOT full screened,  Then when I maximize the screen, List View will NOT maximize.  So the only way to see a maximized List View is to close it, then reopen it  Whenever I do this I increment the playcount. 

So it seems that if ListView would satisfactorily maximize on open within the parent window I would not have to close it as often.

Also Hiding seems like a good option also, but we still need large screen when we unhide.

Thanks very much for this additional information -- I'm sure the problem comes from the MDI interface used in Access...if the parent isn't maximized, then the child doesn't maximize.  Is the problem that ListView just isn't drawn correctly?  I've seen situations where the ListView records only take up about 1/3 of the screen instead of 2/3 of the screen -- but can't make the problem occur reproducibly.

#2 2005-06-08 12:18:11

yahs

Re: List View sizing when not maximized

John

With regard to list view problem, I have found that after loading MP3Boss I have a slight delay while winamp loads then I just have a grey screen rather than a list view. I have to minimise then maximise to see my records. MP3Boss then works normally and I cannot duplicate the problem until I actually switch off the computer and restart.

SK

#3 2005-06-08 13:52:52

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John

With regard to list view problem, I have found that after loading MP3Boss I have a slight delay while winamp loads then I just have a grey screen rather than a list view. I have to minimise then maximise to see my records. MP3Boss then works normally and I cannot duplicate the problem until I actually switch off the computer and restart.

SK

Is this with v0.602 beta?  Did the problem exist in older versions too?

#4 2005-06-08 14:20:04

yahs

John,

Yes this is with v 6.02 beta and I don't think the problem occurred with previous versions but I can roll back to a previous version to check, if that is of any use. I am using winamp 5.09 which appears on top of a full screen with grey background and the MP3Boss menu bars visible.

SK

#5 2005-06-08 17:35:49

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Has anyone else seen this with v0.602 beta?  Anyone seen it with an earlier version?

I've not seen it here yet...which makes it tough to fix!

#6 2005-06-10 12:37:55

yahs

John

I rolled back to MP3Boss version 0.57 and winamp 3 and the problem disappeared. I have since upgraded through the versions to v6.02 and also winamp to version 5.9. The problem has disappeared, the difference now being that when I start MP3Boss the list view appears simultaneously with winamp. I still get the status bar message that says "please wait while the MP3 player is loaded" but previously winamp loaded first, then list view with the greyed out screen. .

sk

#7 2005-06-10 13:34:28

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

yahs wrote:

John

I rolled back to MP3Boss version 0.57 and winamp 3 and the problem disappeared. I have since upgraded through the versions to v6.02 and also winamp to version 5.9. The problem has disappeared, the difference now being that when I start MP3Boss the list view appears simultaneously with winamp. I still get the status bar message that says "please wait while the MP3 player is loaded" but previously winamp loaded first, then list view with the greyed out screen. .

sk

Sounds like maybe this was related to how Winamp v5.09 initialized?  Did you really go from Winamp 5.09 to 5.9, or was this a typo?

Think this means I don't have to look at this problem with MP3-Boss v0.602beta?

#8 2005-06-12 10:21:23

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

I haven't been able to duplicate any ListView sizing errors (although I did make a change that might have fixed the problem) -- anyone have a procedure to show the problem every time?

#9 2005-06-12 21:05:09

ralph

I tried to make a screen video but it was too big to send.

Here's what I do.   Start Mp3B.  ( i have it set to go to list view by default)
Next, "Down" the screen to be less than full screen.  Then CLOSE the MP3B window.

Now, Open Mp3b again, it will automatically go to List View, but when I maximize the MP3B screen, List View still stays the smaller size.  >

Board footer