MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2009-12-13 20:50:46

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Winamp not playing songs in VISTA

If you have this problem, try the following:
1) Load Winamp BEFORE you load MP3-Boss.  You will probably find that you get one of the annoying UAC dialogs for Winamp.  This means that you are running in elevated mode ... and so VISTA gets worried.

2) If you don't want to load Winamp BEFORE you load MP3-Boss, you will probably need to turn off the selections that make Winamp run in elevated mode.  See the last couple of messages on this page:
Winamp Forum

I'd like to hear how this works out.  I'm also looking at trying to change how things are launched to see if there is a way to program around the problem.

Thanks for your support!

#2 2009-12-26 17:58:19

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Winamp not playing songs in VISTA

I figured out what was going on...
The StartAccess97.exe file (which is what calls the main MP3-Boss routine) had been set to Win98 compatiblity mode.  The new versions of Winamp don't work very well in Win98 compatibility mode (under VISTA), and that was the cause of the problem.  Setting StartAccess97.exe back to normal (the default), or even to WinXP compatibility fixed the problem.

#3 2010-08-24 06:50:21

charlie998brown

Your right mccaffjt, I used VISTA and I have a problem on how to play winamp. Now I can't play my fave songs. Thanks for you, now I know what is the problem.

#4 2014-08-02 01:36:33

jessyrider270

As you all surely know by now, Winamp & SHOUTcast have recently changed ownership (from AOL to Radionomy).

The winamp.com website is currently undergoing heavy work and an almost-completely new redesign.
As a result, many features will be unavailable, including some in-client services.

Board footer