MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2005-09-18 05:20:30

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

How do you rate songs

I've been rating songs while trying to program...how do you rate your songs?

Anyone want to create a Winamp plugin that would sit in the taskbar and let you rate the playing song -- capturing the info to a simple text file?  Then I could read it later.

I'm also thinking I should do something like this for the PalmPilot, or maybe even more logically...for a WinCE device.

Anyone know of an easy way to add remote control?

Or...should I just add it as a feature?

Another problem I'm having when I rate songs...is that I either need 10 ratings (especially for good/very good/very very good/excellent/out-of-this-world) because I find some songs are "very good" but I know I wouldn't want to hear them a million times, where other songs I'd never get tired of.  Also...I have trouble because of song-types.  How to rate classical or kids music when I'm also rating rock?  I've added a table that should be able to categorize songs "kids/holiday/etc" but I haven't figured out how to implement that.  But what else should/could I do?

Comments?

#2 2005-09-28 17:41:40

Bump

Re: How do you rate songs

Have you tried Snowcrash yet? http://www.mp3pirate.com/snowcrash/
I don't think it has been updated since April 20 2001 but you might want to check it out. It's the best web based WinAmp remote out there that I have found.

I use it for a kiosk to let guests add song to the play list.

The plugin controls Winamp via XML, you might be able to use it with MP3-Boss for your needs. While your there could you add some XML commands to your program so I can search for song and add them to the list via XML commands? I'm tired of using VNC to utilize MP3-Boss on the server.

#3 2005-09-28 18:06:27

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: How do you rate songs

In the new beta -- you can send the file to any program (by right-clicking in the list).  Would that help?

Board footer