MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-03-11 07:48:22

ugc

Freewheel settings??

man, life just can't get any better! after all these years without scrolling available on the list view in mp3boss, I tried the freewheel software, and it WORKS.

here's the question:

The settings on freewheel let you include or exclude programs. I only want to use this freewheel software when using mp3boss (because everything else works fine), but when I change the settings on freewheel to just "include", what "exe" do I need to select in the window to allow it to 'JUST' work when mp3boss is opened.

I tried selecting all the "exe" files (two of them) inside the "C:\Program Files\Access 97 Runtime" folder, but after I did, freewheel no longer worked on mp3boss, and I couldn't find any "exe" files inside the installation folder "C:\Program Files\MP3Boss".

Thanks for your help. I know freewheel is NOT your software, but I figured you'd know. smile

#2 2006-03-11 08:11:43

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Freewheel settings??

You need to include "MSAccess.exe"

This will be in your:
%PROGRAM_FILES%\Access 97 Runtime

directory (e.g., c:\program files\access 97 runtime\msaccess.exe)

However, I thought that it would also work if you selected the MPEG.MDE file.

By the way...for those of you just discovering this tip...if FreeWheel DOESN'T work for you, just download the Microsoft Intellipoint v4.12 software.  The later versions won't work...but the v4.12 software works great even with a non-Microsoft mouse (and doesn't hurt other programs).  I'm using it right now for a brand-new Logitech wireless mouse.

#3 2006-03-11 08:20:53

ugc

mccaffjt wrote:

You need to include "MSAccess.exe"

This will be in your:
%PROGRAM_FILES%\Access 97 Runtime

directory (e.g., c:\program files\access 97 runtime\msaccess.exe)

nope. this doesn't work on my system. (I tried it again just to make sure)

Windows XP Pro
Office XP
Logitech mouse

All updated with latest drivers.

#4 2006-03-11 18:20:15

ralph

Frankly, I never excluded anything.  Once I discovered Freewheell, I took it to work and use it everyday.  I put it on every computer i use.  Here's why:

I need to quickly scroll and jump to other programs that are  open.  Freewheel lets me do that by holding the alt key down and scrolling.   Also in some programs, like quickbooks, I have several windows open simultaneously and need to jump back and forth to compare data
Holding the shift-cntrl key and scrolling lets me do that.

I only wish the writer of freewheel had expanded it's versatility even more

#5 2006-03-12 06:57:11

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Thanks for all the info on freewheel. 

I'm not sure why the msaccess.exe include doesn't work...certainly THAT is the actual executable associated with mp3-boss.

Board footer