MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-03-10 11:35:02

inghaj

duh

Has it occurred to the author that the reason (probably) nobody is buying the software is becuase the only version available for download has a known bug (gives 'Type Mismatch' error) which prevents mp3s being scanned and therefore renders the software completely useless?

Seems like such a shame to spend so much time developing what seems at face value to be such a good piece of software, and then go and release the version that doesnt work... hey-ho

#2 2006-03-11 04:29:34

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: duh

Beta testers -- should I make the current v0.603 the official release?

v0.604 is taking longer than expected because I decided to do too much at one (new song format support...and trouble creating additional data tables).

Let me know if you think I should release it as is...

#3 2006-03-11 08:01:50

ugc

I would.

The reason why, updates will be available for "HOT" fixes, and some of the "MAJOR" software players release their stuff full of bugs (much more than what you think you have in your software). A prime example is "NERO" cd burning software. Everytime I install something "NEW" that they have, I have to wait for a bug fix. But they do fix it. Heck, another one would be "Windows", ....just look at all the updates you have to install on their website. Nothing is perfect on the release date of any software, but the authors of the good software do try to fix any issues that come up, and you are doing exactly that.

Plus, the more people that have it, the more input you'll get.

#4 2006-03-12 03:52:13

yahs

John,

Haven't been in touch for long time, but still using mp3boss (v.603) and I check the messages often.

in reply to your question to make v0.603 official release i would say yes. All I ever wanted was a database to store my music that would also generate and play tracks. the way it works with winamp is perfect. All the other features are obviously useful but for me not necessary.

I do a lot of testing and configuring of pc's and in my experience although there are occaional bugs after changing settings and upgrades i have found that a new full installation of mp3boss (any version) always cures all problems. i know this means you lose play counts etc but that doesn't worry me.

When i get new music I use Tag & Rename to correctly identitfy tracks and info, copy the new music into my music directory( separate hard disk) then scan it with mp3boss.

I noticed the comment about m4a files so i have included the following link for info http://www.osxhax.com/archives/000046.html
i use a program called switch (http://nch.com.au/switch/index.html) which so far has convertd all m4a files to mp3 seemingly withous any problems, though i then use tag&rename to edit all tags correctly.

Finally the comment about "Type Mismatch" what is that? I have never had that problem.

SK

#5 2006-03-12 06:52:45

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Thanks so much for the info on m4a.

I'll changeover to v0.603 shortly.

I assume the "Type Mismatch" is a problem with certain tags during scanning...a problem already fixed in v0.603.

Board footer