MP3-Boss forum

Questions, comments and concerns about MP3-Boss: MP3 Database and Manager

You are not logged in.

Announcement

MP3-Boss Facebook Group
v0.683 is the official release. * Beta info * Have you checked the MP3-Boss Facebook Page? My contact address is MP3-Boss primary email address.
Returning users: Send me an email containing your user name, and I'll reset your email address (old info was lost during a crash).

#1 2006-03-31 20:27:31

ralph

Valid Directories

I'm back on researching my problem I've had for some time:   I can play tracks listed on drive C:\ but MP3B just doesn't recognize that drive for purposes of rating or finding tracks playing.   Today I noticed when using the utility to clean directories, MP3B cycled through the directories and reported there were 612 directories.   Yet, when I reviewed the screen that lists directories:  "Directory Review"  It shows 1085 directories.  Is there a disconnect here?

V. .603

#2 2006-04-01 05:58:02

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

Re: Valid Directories

Ralph,

Could you ZIP and send me a copy of your MPEG.MDE and DATA.MDB files?

Any idea what might have caused this problem in the first place?

#3 2006-04-01 18:44:07

ralph

What I believe happened stems from a series of reinstalling operating systems and new hard drives.   I cannot remember what I did.  But obviously I needed some way to move large directories to a brand new drive and point MP3B to where the new directories are.  I don't know what I did then nor do I know what I should do in the future.  Soon I will probably need to make a similar move as I upgrade my hard drive. I may just have to bumble through the move again.

Since I have been a long time user of MP3B, I suspect my data base has been through three operating system installs (Win2K first, then 2 installs of WinXP) and at least two new hard drives.

I'll try to zip the info and send to you.   It would be very interesting to know what anomalies you might find in my data after all these machinations.

Thanks

#4 2006-04-02 05:57:06

mccaffjt
Admin
Website

That would be great.  I'd like to take a look.

Board footer